Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lesson 2 scripture chain

I like marking these scripture chains in my scriptures. It gives me something to read and follow should I need a short and meaningful study time.

This chain talks about the nature of Jesus Christ - who He is, His Divinity and what He did for us as well as a bit about His Second Coming. It also touches on what we need to do to follow Him.

Anytime in the D&C when we see a blessing addressed to someone specific it helps to put our own name in place of the other person and see if that scripture applies to us as well. An example is in the first passage of this scripture chain. I think that if these particular blessings in the D&C didn't apply to all of us in some way they would not have need to be included in the scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment